Why Your Donations Would Be Awesome
A little about myself:
– My name is Russell Hainline.
– I’m an aspiring writer working in LA.
– I love writing about film and sharing my thoughts about film.
– I have kept this blog going solely out of love since 2008, not getting paid a dime for it.
– Except for the occasional advanced screening, I pay for all the films I see. This adds up to quite a hit on my wallet considering I see over a hundred films a year.
– It’s hard to dedicate the time necessary to keep the blog going when other writing jobs that do pay call my name.
If you like this site or find my reviews, here’s how you can help:
– Right above this link on the home page is a donate button. It takes you to my Paypal.
– Any amount of money is hugely appreciated. One dollar. Five dollars. A thousand… pennies. (I’m practical.)
– I’m afraid that when my schedule picks up, it will become harder and harder to regularly update this site. I don’t want that, and I’m hoping you don’t want that.
– Even as little as twenty dollars in cumulative donations per month would help shoulder the burden of paying for the films and taking time away from paid gigs to write about them.
If you’re interested in advertising on my blog:
– Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can break down my site’s numbers and we’ll work something out. I want your business.
If you have questions/comments/job opportunities (especially job opportunities):
– Please email me at email@example.com. I’d be happy to talk to you.
– I also check the comments on my blog regularly and try to engage in back-and-forth. If your feedback is regarding a particular review, leave a comment, and I’ll get back to you.
Thanks for reading. I love you all.